Day Camp Info
Summer 2021 Updates: Click Here
Camp Program Hours
- Regular Day Camp Hours: 9AM to 4PM
- Sunshine Camp: 9AM to 1:15PM
- Evening Camps: 3PM to 9:45PM
- Boys wear shirts with their swimsuit, and girls wear their suits under shorts and shirts.
- Girls finishing 4th grade and older, please wear one piece suits or “tankinis” with no more than a one inch separation.
- Campers should wear comfortable closed-toe shoes.
- Campers need to bring a towel and a lunch with extra drinks in a small cooler. Please mark everything with your child’s name. Don’t send a towel you care anything about. We have piles of lost and unclaimed towels we take to Mission Arlington each summer.
- If your child needs to have sunscreen, please choose a long-lasting brand and put it on them just before they arrive at CT. Put some extra in their backpack and show them how to reapply it before the second swim in the afternoon.
- If your child is very young and unable to reapply it themselves, then send a spray sunscreen of your choice in their backpack. The counselor will spray them just before the afternoon swim.
- If your child sunburns easily, it is also a very good idea to ask them to wear their T-shirt even during swim time. If you would like for the counselor to spray afternoon sunscreen or to require your child to keep his/her shirt on, please indicate that on the required Medical Form you fill out as part of the registration process.
- Extra Money – Any purchases at the snack shop must be made with fees prepaid by the parents for the campers. We do not accept money at the Snack Shop. We also do NOT accept money from campers to add to prepay deposits. Only adults may make deposits.
- Electronic Equipment – Campers should not bring any electronic equipment (video games, cell phones,tablets, etc.)
You will receive a free CT Memories photo package. It contains a 4 x 6 photos mounted in a souvenir folder. Counselors will give these folders to the parents at pickup time on Friday.
- We also take photos of the campers in their activities. We will send you an information email about activity photos the week of your camp week. Be sure to keep that email for reference during and after your camp week.
- Your child’s Counselor Bio Page is the one-stop shop to find out things about your child’s group including that week’s group schedule, the Bible verse, and information about your camper’s counselor. The schedule and verse for your counselor will be available when the previous camp week ends.
Special Grouping Requests
The Camp Thurman staff wants to place your child in a group which will make his/her experience here as joyful as possible, so be assured that we will do our very best to fulfill your requests.
We group by grade. Regardless of the actual school connection, all 4-year olds should be registered as Pre-K, and all 5-year olds should be registered as Kinder to be sure that we are able to place them in their appropriate camps and groups.
If you made a request on your registration form for your child to be in a group with someone, please understand that that person must:
- be of the same sex
- be no more than one grade apart
- be registered and confirmed for the same week as your camper.
With over 7000 registrations, it is impossible for us to inform you if these requirements are not met. Please check with the groupmate(s) of your child to see if they are indeed in your same week.
Once the week is full, groups are formed with requests in mind. Once these groups are formed, it is very difficult for us to change a camper from one group to another. Please do not ask to change groups when you arrive on Monday morning of camp week.
Read your grouping reminder email VERY carefully to make sure you have listed the group mates you intended and that they are in order of preference. If you want to make changes be sure you do so before the deadline listed in the email.
Counselor and Group Assignments
- You will receive an Information Email the week before your camp starts, including the name and contact info for your counselor.
- On Wednesday/Thursday the counselor will call to see if you have any questions.
- If for some reason your child’s counselor does not reach you, you should have received an email with your counselor’s name. If you don’t remember that name when you get to drop-off, tell the traffic staff, and they will check with the office to let you know the counselor’s name. They will also then know which group to take your camper to.